Home Game Tailgates
Tailgate packages are available to rent for 2017 home football games through the Alumni Association. Visit mercergameday.com to view tailgating policies and procedures, then click on the reservations link on the left side of this page to rent your game day items. Reservations are open to alumni, friends and community members.
Welcome, Mercer Alumni & Friends!
Football and Tailgating
Football game times are subject to change. Check the Mercer Athletics webpage for schedule updates. For game tickets visit Mercer Ticket Sales. For tailgating purposes, parking lots on campus open at 9:00 a.m. for each home game. Tailgate packages are not restricted to Mercer alumni; any fan may purchase a package. Price includes advance delivery – your tent and equipment will be waiting for you on gameday! Prices are subject to change and may vary by game date.
Football Tailgate Tent Package Reservation
Deadline for Reservations: Two Weeks Prior to Game*
The Mercer University Alumni Association is pleased to provide a limited quantity of tailgate tent packages for each football game day.
Each package includes a tent with the option to add tables, table covers, and chairs. Bundled tailgating packages are a new offering for this season, and include your tent, tables, chairs, table cloths, and more! The size and options are listed above.
*Deadline for Homecoming Reservations: One Month Prior to Game
Please read before ordering:
- Tailgating packages are sold on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Exact location of your tent will be determined by Alumni Association staff, but will be in the general areas described below.
- Mercer University reserves the right to relocate or cancel any tailgating events.
- Tailgating policies and procedures, as well as alcohol policies, are published here.
- No grills allowed under or within 30 feet of tents.
- No refunds will be issued for events cancelled within two weeks of the selected game date.
- Loose rented items, such as tailgate chairs, will be removed from tent packages during halftime. Tent and tables will remain set for the entirety of the game.
Confirmation of and communications concerning tailgating packages will be sent by e-mail no later than 2 business days prior to your selected game day.
Locations for Bear Plus Tailgating Packages, Corporate Sponsor Packages, and Alumni and Friends Tailgating Packages can be seen on this tailgating packages map.
Bear Plus Members:
Contact Allie Ware at (478) 301-4017 to make arrangements to tailgate in the designated Bear Plus locations.
Contact Lee Walker at (478) 301-5220 to make arrangements to tailgate in the designated Sponsor locations.
Alumni and Friends:
- Tailgating packages for non-Bear Plus members will be set up on Black Field (formerly the Intramural Field), located between the Sikes Softball Field and the Five Star Stadium.
- An Alumni Association staff person will be on-site to assist you with check-in.
Parking is NOT included in these tailgating packages. Please see the parking map to locate parking convenient to Black Field.
No refunds will be issued after the registration period is closed for the event/package.
If you have technical difficulty or questions concerning your order, contact Ariel Morgan
at (478) 301-2173. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Available Tent Sizes:
See add-on rental items, listed below, to round out your tailgating experience.
20x20 Tent – 500.00
20x40 Tent – 845.00
Add-On Packages (sold separately from tents, listed above):
20-40 Guest VIP: 410.00
(3) tables (6')
(3) black spandex linens
(15) orange tailgate chairs
Plates, napkins, plastic ware, and plastic cups for 40
(2) coolers and ice
40-60 Guest VIP: 820.00
(6) tables (6')
(6) black spandex covers
(30) tailgate chairs
(3) coolers and ice
(3) trash can
Plates, napkins, plastic ware, and plastic cups for 60
Game Date Reservation Deadline Opposing Team
August 31, 2017 August 17, 2017, 5:00pm Jacksonville
September 9, 2017 August 25, 2017, 5:00pm Wofford
September 30, 2017 September 16, 2017, 5:00pm VMI
October 14, 2017 September 30, 2017, 5:00pm Chattanooga
November 4, 2017 October 7, 2017, 5:00pm Samford